Find a Physician
Welcome to Douglas, Georgia, home of CRMC
Douglas, the seat of Coffee County in southeast Georgia and home of the Coffee Regional Medical Center, remains rooted in history while continuing to grow and prosper as one of the state’s most progressive economic centers.
Coffee County was formed in 1854, named after General John E. Coffee, soldier, State Legislator and Congressman. Shortly thereafter, in 1858, Douglas was mapped on 50 acres of land donated by J. S. Pearson. It was named after U.S. Senator Stephen A. Douglas, who lost the 1860 Presidential election to Abraham Lincoln. Following the arrival of the railroad in 1895, the small rural town began to boom.
As the city grew, leaders took care to preserve its architectural heritage and natural resources. Douglas Downtown Historic District and the Gaston Avenue Historic District are both listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
Douglas’s 11,000 citizens enjoy an enviable quality of life, with theater, art, good schools, 10 public parks including General Coffee State Park, many recreational facilities, and a strong library system. Nearby institutions of higher education include South Georgia College, East Central Technical College, and Valdosta State University.
The Douglas community is deeply committed to keeping its citizens healthy and is a proud supporter of the Coffee Regional Medical Center and its programs to promote health and deliver healthcare.
For more information:
City of Douglas offers a virtual tour of the city and continually updated information for visitors and citizens.
The site of the Douglas-Coffee County Chamber of Commerce, provides information on business and economic development.