To enhance CRMC’s impact on healthcare services to patients and families in Coffee and surrounding counties, now and for future generations. Composed of dedicated community volunteers, the Foundation strives to help CRMC provide programs and services that would not be possible without community support.
Click here for Foundation officers
How are Funds Used?
Gifts are used to support specific projects judged by the community, hospital, and volunteer Foundation leaders to have the greatest impact on the health of the community. Gifts have funded multiple projects including the purchase of birthing beds, a 64 slice CT scanner, and the state-of-the-art Wellness Center.
3D Mammography Technology
Foundation efforts have helped raise funds to purchase the most revolutionary new tool to screen and detect breast cancer. The Hologic 3D Mammography system contains a process known as Tomosynthesis to produce a 3D mammogram, in addition to a conventional 2D mammogram. Tomosynthesis uses precise, 3D digital images to create a complete reconstruction of the breast.
Seeing a need for local infusion services, CRMC with the help of the foundation, opened the CRMC Infusion Center in late 2017. We saw a need and felt passionately that patients shouldn’t have to travel long distances for infusion services, and now they don’t have to.
WAYS TO GIVE
Any way you want – one time, on a continuing basis, or a planned gift of money, stocks or insurance.
When you make a gift in honor of someone or to celebrate a special occasion, the Foundation will acknowledge your gift to the person you designate, keeping the amount of the gift confidential. You also will receive acknowledgement of your generosity for tax purposes.
Personalized bricks in the Serenity Garden
Located at the front campus of the medical campus, adjacent to the cafeteria. Personalized bricks are a thoughtful, lasting way to commemorate the birth of a child, marriage or other special events, or as a lasting memorial.
Contributions to honor a favorite physician on National Doctors Day
In 1991, Congress designated each March 30 as National Doctors Day to pay tribute to the nation’s physicians for their leadership in the prevention and treatment of illness and injury.
Every gift to the CRMC Foundation is acknowledged, but the Foundation also recognizes donors in the following categories.
Annual Giving Club
Healthcare investors who contribute $100 or more annually.
Business & Industry Honor Roll
Business Partners who contribute gifts to help ensure their employees and families continue to benefit from the services provided by CRMC.
The Pillar Society
An elite group of contributors who make an individual commitment of $10,000 or more payable at one time or over a three-year period.
The Heritage Circle
Our Planned Gift Club honors those individuals who designate the CRMC Foundation with an endowment or planned gift, either an outright bequest of monies, stocks, or securities, or a gift created in trust or charitable life insurance.
RURAL TAX CREDIT
In 2018 and 2019, CRMC is eligible for Georgia’s Rural Hospital Tax Credit. This tax advantage has been increased to 100 percent, making donations more beneficial for both individual and corporate donors, as well as CRMC. Coffee Regional has partnered with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement this exciting new rural hospital tax credit.
What is the Georgia HEART rural hospital organization (“RHO”) expense tax credit?
The Georgia General Assembly passed legislation that enables Georgia taxpayers receive a state income tax CREDIT for 100% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below).
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a tax credit for contributing to Coffee Regional Medical Center (CRMC) from January 1 through June 30 of each taxable year, as follows:
- Individual Filer – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $5,000
- Married Filing Jointly – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000
- Pass-Through Entity – 100% of the amount contributed, up to a limit of $10,000, so long as they would have paid Georgia income tax in that amount on their share of taxable income from the pass-through entity
- C-Corporation or Trust – 100% of the amount contributed of 75% of your Georgia income tax liability, whichever is less
How do I sign up to contribute?
- Complete and submit your 2019 HEART Tax Credit Form as early as Oct. 1, 2018 at www.georgiaheart.org
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the GA DOR on January 2nd, 2019, in teh order in which it is received.
- Within 60 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, send a check made payable to Coffee Regional Medical Center (CRMC) to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital’s account
- Georgia HEART will send you instructions on how to file your contribution confirmation with DOR
- You will claim the credit when you file your 2019 tax return
How much can I contribute for a tax credit after June 30 each year?
- After June 30 of each year, for so long as a portion of the $60 million annual cap on RHO tax credits is available, to offset their Georgia income tax liability, individual taxpayers may make unlimited contributions to RHOs for a corresponding 100% Georgia income tax credit.
- On or before May 15 of each year through June 30, individual taxpayers will be able to ‘make a HEART Appointment’ on the Georgia HEART website to authorize Georgia HEART to submit their post-June 30 tax credit pre-approval forms to the DOR.
More Information from Georgia HEART:
Projections of the tax effects and possible tax savings associated with contributing to Coffee Regional Medical Center (CRMC) through the Georgia HEART program are available at https://tinyurl.com/RHOtaxeffect.
Your contribution will increase our hospital funding and our ability to provide for the health care of individuals in our community!
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, please visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or contact Georgia HEART staff at email@example.com. Contact Keith Newell, at Coffee Regional Medical Center, with further questions regarding this and other opportunities with the CRMC Foundation.