The HEART Program is a remarkable and brilliant opportunity provided to Georgians by our elected officials. We are the only state in the nation that is afforded this opportunity to financially support our state’s rural hospitals – at no cost!
Help improve health care in our community by contributing to Coffee Regional Medical Center through the Georgia HEART rural hospital tax credit opportunity!
The Georgia General Assembly passed legislation that enables Georgia taxpayers to receive a state income tax CREDIT for 100% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below). The program has a cap of $75 million in available tax credits per year. There are still plenty of credits left for 2023!
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a 100% state income tax credit for contributing to Coffee Regional Medical Center, as follows:
- From January 1 through June 30 of each taxable year, taxpayers can contribute up to $5,000 for individuals, $10,000 for married couples, and $10,000 for pass-through owners.
- On July 1 of each year, limits for individual and married filing joint taxpayers are waived. This means you can contribute as much as you would like, so long as you have the tax liability to support the contribution!
- On July 1 of each year, limits for pass-through entity owners are waived. This means you can contribute as much as you would like, so long as you have the tax liability – related to your pass-through ownership – to support the contribution!
- At any time during the year, a “C” Corporation or trust shall be allowed a 100% Georgia income tax credit for contributions to RHOs equal to the contribution amount or 75% of the corporation or trust’s income tax liability, whichever is less.
Follow these easy steps to sign up to contribute and receive your 100% tax credit:
- Complete and submit your 2023 HEART Tax Credit Form at georgiaheart.org (takes 20 seconds!)
- Georgia HEART will submit your tax credit pre-approval form on your behalf to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) in the order it is received.
- Within 180 days of receiving DOR tax credit pre-approval, or by December 31, 2023, whichever comes first, send a check made payable to Coffee Regional Medical Center to Georgia HEART for deposit to the hospital’s account.
- Georgia HEART will report your contribution to the DOR on your behalf and will send you a tax receipt.
- You will claim the credit when you file your 2023 tax return.
Your contribution will increase our hospital funding and our ability to provide for the health care of individuals in our community!
For more information about Georgia HEART rural hospital tax credit program, please visit www.georgiaheart.org, contact Georgia HEART staff at email@example.com, or Director of the CRMC Foundation, Walda Kight Walda.Kight@coffeeregional.org