Our physicians and caregivers are here for you. Coffee Regional Medical Center, CRH Physician Practices, and Orthopedic Surgeons of Georgia are proud to offer you Telemedicine for non-emergent healthcare visits. This enables our providers to offer you service from the safety, convenience, and comfort of your home.
Telemedicine allows our physicians and providers to connect with patients through smartphones, tablets, and computers. For those patients who do not have a smartphone or tablet, some visits can be completed by telephone.
You will be able to discuss current symptoms, medical history & issues, share pictures, and more with a healthcare provider in realtime. Using Telemedicine, you can receive a diagnosis, learn your treatment options, and get a prescription. During your visit, you may speak with our office staff including our medical assistants in addition to your provider.
This service is currently being offered in all of our practices including the CRMC Walk-In Clinic. Once again, Telemedicine is for non-emergent healthcare office visits and not all health issues will qualify for telemedicine. Many visits will still require the patient to be seen in a clinical environment. Please speak with your physician’s office and they will help determine if Telemedicine is right for you.
If you are experiencing shortness of breath, chest pains, or anything that is emergent please report to your closest Emergency Room.
Benefits of Telemedicine Visits
- Talk to a doctor on your phone or computer through a virtual visit
- Receive quality care over the phone, computer or tablet
- Same-day appointments available
- Prescriptions sent to your pharmacy
- Less costly than urgent care or ER
- Appointments are available during regular office hours
How do I schedule?
Call your physician’s office and ask to schedule a telemedicine appointment.
What platform do you use?
We use Hangouts Meet app by Google for our telemedicine appointments.
How do I connect?
Once you have scheduled your appointment with the office, you will receive an email invitation for Google Meet. You can open the link in your email or download the Google Meet app on your smartphone or tablet. A Google email address is not required.
You can use a laptop computer, a desktop computer, a tablet, or a smartphone to connect. You will need someone that has both video and audio capability so be sure your computer or smartphone has audio and video capability. If you wish to use your smartphone, you will need to have a Gmail (Google email) account. If you do not have a Gmail account and wish to set one up, go to www.gmail.com
Using your desktop or laptop computer
Do I need a Google email address? No, you will only need access to a computer with video and audio capability. All you will do is click the link from your email that you receive.
- When it is time for your appointment, you will click the link sent in the email.
- Next, you will click on the “Join Hangouts Meet” link.
Using your phone: (HANGOUTS MEET app by GOOGLE on your phone or tablet)
If you have a Google email address, you may use the Google Meet app on your phone. You only need a Gmail address if you want to use your smartphone.
- Go to your App Store and download the FREE “Hangouts Meets by Google” app – be sure to say “yes” to allow both audio and video when installing the app
- Open the Google Meet app and connect your Gmail (Google email) account
- Once logged in, at the bottom of the screen you will see a white bar, swipe up to see your meetings and then join a meeting by tapping it at your appointment time.
* The appointment will be live video.
*If you do not have access to a computer with video & audio capability or access to a smartphone to download the app, you can still call & request a PHONE VISIT.
For a list of our many physician offices click this link and scroll down for a full listing CRMC Phone Book